We are looking for a qualified and experienced Electrical and Software Engineer to join our established field service team. Our technicians have a varied role, installing, servicing and repairing Komori’s superb range of lithographic and digital printing equipment, working on-site at customer premises throughout Europe and at our headquarters in Utrecht.
Naturally, you will need strong skills to succeed, with a recognized qualification in electrical engineering, a heavy engineering background and experience of process control electronics. PLCs and diagnostics using a variety of software applications. Any experience of the print/packaging industry or digital printing technology would be an advantage.
You will also need that ‘little extra’ that makes Komori technicians stand out from the crowd; superb inter-personal skills and a determination to ensure that our customers receive the best possible service.
As this is a flexible role, you’ll need to travel to cover our customer base and sometimes working away from home during the week.
The main objective of the position is to provide technical support, throughout the EMEA region. You will need to have a good understanding of Fuji and Mitsubishi controlled PLC systems. You would be required to also support Print Process control software for our presses. A good understanding of SQL databases would be an advantage. Your main tasks will be:
• Install Komori Presses at customer sites in line with work schedules and customer installation requirements
• Respond to electrical technical requests from customers, making appropriate diagnoses and suitable recommendations to resolve technical queries/issues in a timely manner.
• Carry out pre-planned service interventions
• Refer to comprehensive reference documentation, in addition to assistance from other members of the service team to overcome any difficulties
• Accurately report on each assignment, providing full details of the actions taken and outstanding requirements, if any.
Skills, education & job requirements:
In return we offer a job with:
• lots of variety in a dynamic and international team
• a competitive salary with regular overtime
• company car
• secondary benefits
• Internal training and development
Do you want to join our team as our new Electrical and Software Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!